[time-nuts] FE-5680A

John Green wpxs472 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 14:07:50 UTC 2011

Interesting to read the comments of others who have these. I have one I got
years ago, gave up on. I knew it worked because I could see the 50 something
MHz inside moving around and then locking up. I finally found out how to
hook RS232 up to it and reset the frequency. It couldn't be set to exactly
10 MHz, much to my chagrin. I played with the two little buttons everyone
says not to touch and finally got it to within parts of 10 to the minus 10.
I had other things going on so I put it in a box for later. I want to set it
to 10 MHz plus maybe 100 Hz for a DMTD system at some point. Should be OK
for that. I also have a couple of LPRO 101's and it seemed about as stable
from the short amount of time I had to fool with it.