[time-nuts] Ovenaire OCXOs

Joseph Gray jgray at zianet.com
Tue Apr 12 22:48:19 UTC 2011

Bill and Magnus,

Thanks for the tips. At this point I was mostly curious to see if the
oscillator worked and if it was reasonably stable. To let it cook for
a while, I will definitely have to put everything in a box. I am
getting a battery and putting the pieces together to run it off
battery or AC. I have a nice portable enclosure that has been on the
shelf for months. This would be a good use for it.

Later, I want to replace the OCXO with a Rubidium. In the mean time,
I'll have the OCXO to play with. When I get the Rubidium, I'll replace
the OCXO and have a much better portable standard. I just happened to
have the OCXO and the enclosure lying around, so I thought I'd start
there.

Joe Gray
W5JG