[time-nuts] GPS clock error.

Max Robinson max at maxsmusicplace.com
Wed Apr 13 03:27:22 UTC 2011

This morning at 10 AM CDT my GPS clock read 8 PM July 5th.  My wife reported
that the time had been 2 hours off at 6 AM local time.  She didn't notice if
it was AM or PM.  The parabolic dish icon was missing from the display.  I
manually set the time and date but when compared to my two WWVB clocks it
was clear it was in holdover mode.  I waited about 3 hours then removed the
batteries and reinstalled them.  I set the time zone and left it to it's own
devices.  It set itself correctly in about 10 minutes and the dish icon was
back.  I wonder what happened.  Could their have been a shortage of
satellites that caused the receiver to lose lock?  Why wouldn't it reacquire
on it's own?  If I had been a little more patient would it have reacquired
on its own?  I'm sure no one knows the answer to the last question.
Speculation is welcome.

Regards.

Max.  K 4 O D S.

Email: max at maxsmusicplace.com

Transistor site http://www.funwithtransistors.net
Vacuum tube site: http://www.funwithtubes.net

To subscribe to the fun with transistors group send an email to.
funwithtransistors-subscribe at yahoogroups.com

funwithtubes-subscribe at yahoogroups.com