[time-nuts] LightSquared gets at least some political attention

lists at lazygranch.com lists at lazygranch.com
Fri Apr 15 23:44:35 UTC 2011

The CEA is petitioning to have terrestrial TV refarmed to free up some spectrum. The wireless companies will both pay the government and the broadcasters to get the spectrum.

Though I liked Clinton/Gore, the HDTV plan was boned headed beyond belief. They should have never allowed HDTV in VHF, but stationed wanted parity with their analog status.

We have one HDTV station with a dozen channels. It is so multiplexed it doesn't even look like SDTV.

Trust me, I could rant on for pages on this.