[time-nuts] OT: At the Flea

Jim Lux jimlux at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 19 23:11:45 UTC 2011

On 4/19/11 4:07 PM, Chris Albertson wrote:

> That is why it was so funny that so many people could not find it.  It
> is by far the largest thing on the map.

  not on a world map which is centered at the prime meridian.  The
Pacific is split into two halves and looks smaller.

There's also a whole lot of other cartographic issues... Greenland on a
Mercator projection is the notorious one.

To keep this moderately time-nuts related, that's actually how I got
started on precision timing.. I was looking at generating map
projections, which got me into surveying and cadastral stuff, which got
me into precision GPS measurements.