[time-nuts] Thunderbolt Questions

Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R caf at omen.com
Thu Apr 21 06:37:36 UTC 2011

I recently got a Thunderbolt with a defective Trimble oscillator.
It won't get within 60 Hz of zero-beating WWV.  Tried the reset
to factory defaults to no avail.  I have been promised a replacement.

So I have some questions.

1.  How close should the 10 mHz be on startup?

2.  What are the normal ranges for DAC voltage et al.?

3.  How long should it take after getting satellites until
the 10 mHz is locked in?

4.  How much performance difference is there between
the various firmware versions?  Can these be updated
in the field?

5.  What are the optimum loop control values for 10 mHz
purity?  Are they different for best 1pps jitter?

--
Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R     caf at omen.com   www.omen.com