[time-nuts] PTS X10 Synthesizer - Retuning

Ed Palmer ed_palmer at sasktel.net
Mon Apr 25 19:03:49 UTC 2011

I know that some of you have X10 synthesizers so I hope this isn't too
far off-topic.

The manual shows that the frequency decade the unit covers is determined
by the PFF module.  This module is nothing more than a 4-stage passive
filter (might be described as a helical filter - not sure) that selects
the correct 10 MHz harmonic of a fixed oscillator.

Has anyone attempted to retune this filter to shift their unit from one
decade to another?  I'd like to move mine from 10-20 MHz to 0.1-10 MHz.
This would require retuning the filter from 160 MHz to 150 MHz.

Thanks,
Ed