[time-nuts] Oscilloquartz 8601 Rebuild Question

ed palmer ed_palmer at sasktel.net
Mon Aug 1 21:15:15 UTC 2011

   No, I didn't email OSA.  I always assume that if it's available, it'll
   be out of my price range.  For example, I asked Symmetricom if it was
   possible to upgrade the software in an X72 Rubidium to a newer
   version.  All it consisted of was reflashing.  They said it could be
   done for the low, low price of only $1100.  I realize that they aren't
   the best company for hobbyists to deal with, but you get my point.
   Besides, I find that fixing, modifying, and upgrading old equipment is
   a great way to learn about the technologies involved.  Where's the fun
   in whipping out your credit card?
   Ed