[time-nuts] any HP 5370B Available or other TIC

Javier Herrero jherrero at hvsistemas.es
Thu Aug 18 21:26:21 UTC 2011

El 18/08/2011 22:16, Tijd Dingen escribió:

> So while I am not directly looking to divide my tinkering time between this project and yet another project, if what you plan to do in the fpga precision timing realm coincides enough ... it might be useful to combine some things. At the very least we could swap some ideas.
Yes, that would be the idea, to swap ideas :)

> So what did you have in mind?

My main interest is a TIC with better resolution than a 5370 and also
with higher data flow, or with the capabilities to do some
post-processing of a bunch of data. Really it is an idea I've from long,
but not yet though too seriously on it (usually not too much time to
dedicate to it :) ). I was at first thinking on an interpolator based
TIC similar to the PICTIC idea (the ADC in the board seems handy for
that), I've also read some papers about FPGA implementation of ~10ps
resolution TICs, and then also the DDMTD idea has come. I really bought
that little board only to play around (I could not resist the $79, that
is only a bit over the digikey price for the FPGA alone, and that all
the I/O pins are 2.54" spaced so it is very easy to play around with the
signals and to build a "carrier" board for interfacing it) - the idea
that could be the core for a nice TIC came after :) And well, if
something good comes from it, we could "industrialize" the result at
time-nuts level if there is some interest in the list :)

Regards,

Javier

Javier Herrero
Chief Technology Officer                  EMAIL: jherrero at hvsistemas.com
HV Sistemas S.L.                          PHONE:         +34 949 336 806
Los Charcones, 17                         FAX:           +34 949 336 792
19170 El Casar - Guadalajara - Spain      WEB: http://www.hvsistemas.com