[time-nuts] X72 Rb units, any experience ?

Stan, W1LE stanw1le at verizon.net
Mon Aug 22 23:08:25 UTC 2011

Hello PHK,

Started to use one in a portable 10GHz transceiver system as a 10 MHz
frequency reference.
Had severe microphonics in the LO when multiplied up to 10,224.0 MHz.
LO chain was a 106.5 MHz phase locked oscillator X 96 = 10,244 MHz.

In another 10 GHz portable system I use a ISOTEMP ovenized xtal oscillator
for the reference and all works fine.

Project is on a back burner, will try a FEI Rb soon.

The X72 is a nice compact unit, could fit 2 in my shirt pocket....
They are programmable, though I have not attempted yet.
Get the power and IO connector if you can, it is a odd ball.

Stan, W1LE    FN41sr     Cape Cod