[time-nuts] GPSDO + X72...??

Michael Baker mpb45 at clanbaker.org
Tue Aug 23 12:55:28 UTC 2011

Hello, TimeNutters--

I understand that I will get less output jitter with a high quality
GPSDO than a Rb oscillator, but, even so, having a Rb unit
locked and disciplined by a GPS receiver appeals to me.

The one thing that I noted about the X72 is that the factory has
provided for a convenient way to GPS steer it.  Hmmmmm......
Maybe, if I could find an X72 for a decent price and feed it into
a Nixie-tube time-clock display, it would make a neat curiosity
conversation object for the living room fireplace shelf.

So far, the cheapest eBay X72 units I have seen were around
$300 and no bargain...

Mike Baker
Micanopy, FL