[time-nuts] Active LORAN antenna

Stan, W1LE stanw1le at verizon.net
Fri Aug 26 13:02:02 UTC 2011

Hello UL,

My SRS active antenna is internally potted in resin, so tracing the
circuit is difficult.

I was able to chip away the PVC white housing and some of the black potting
material to get at the antenna input terminal. Then I repackaged it with
a new CB antenna.
Living on Cape Cod, quite near to the former Nantucket Loran station, I
can only rarely receive
some of the European stations.

The schematic in the manual shows a switch or a jumper for the gain
reduction.
So, the schematic is probably an old version, and "all bets are off" as
to what
the production models, we have, consist of.

I did buy the manual form SRS and the active antenna schematic shows a
2N5951,
not the 2N5991 you mention. My schematic is a rev B, Document Number
FS700-14
This document in not dated.

The frequency selective L-C filter network is different, see attachment.

If the attachment does not get thru, please send your direct e-mail address.

Stan, W1LE     Cape Cod    FN41sr