[time-nuts] Heated crystal? & Rb tube corrosion (FE-5680A)

Steve . iteration69 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 06:00:44 UTC 2011

Bill,

I was starting to think i may have to crack open an instrument to get a
picture. But i found a reference online.
http://n1.taur.dk/fe5680a-2/IMG_1375.JPG

Note the corrosion around the cheaper metal parts (screws, spacers, shell).
I can't speak for the FE-5680A, but when i see something like this in the
instruments i maintain it's a tale-tale sign gas mitigation.

Steve