[time-nuts] Ebay FE-5680A Rb: Connections and Features

EWKehren at aol.com EWKehren at aol.com
Mon Dec 12 00:25:06 UTC 2011

Sorry I ever started this. In the past the FE5680's started out with a
50.255 MHz XTAL, some time in the 2002 2003 timeframe they switched to 60 MHz
using a DDS in the loop. All of these units can only be stepped in 7 E-13
steps  limited by the resolution of the DDS. Having followed all the listings
on this  subject is it safe to assume that 99% of the units sold in the $ 40
range are  identical in that respect. At prior times there was and still is
a unit  available that from the 50.255 drives a DDS and a programmable
output is  available at a premium price. All seem to be above $ 100. Claims that
the 60 MHz  units can be set in 1 E-13 is bogus and misleading. Maybe if
you dither the  input, but since the loop is most likely digital I do not know
what that will  do.
Accept 7 E -13 or do as I will do, use the C field.
Pin 8 and 9 are RS 232.
Bert Kehren

In a message dated 12/11/2011 5:46:05 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,