[time-nuts] Ebay FE-5680A Rb

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 05:33:25 UTC 2011

On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 5:20 PM, Steve . <iteration69 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Looks to me like 63.8976mhz (63,897,600hz) is divisible by two. Using a
> counter to make a clock distribution system etc. With that in mind i could
> use this in all sorts of projects.

The prime factors are 13, 3, 2, 2, 2, and lots more 2s
So you can divide this by 2, 4, 8, 16 and so on and also by 3 and 13.
I always look at the prime factors when I see and oddball number like
this.  (There are web sites to help factor numbers)

I have one of these on order.  I'm sure it will be used one day to
clock a DDS chip.   There really is no reason to clock a DDS with a
nice even number frequency.  OK the even freq. makes the math easier
but it's all done in software so "easier" does not matter.

--

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California