[time-nuts] FE-5680A Rb Questions

GandalfG8 at aol.com GandalfG8 at aol.com
Thu Dec 15 20:00:14 UTC 2011

albertson.chris at gmail.com writes:

On Thu,  Dec 15, 2011 at 11:05 AM, Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R
<caf at omen.com>  wrote:

> 1.  Will it work on 12 volts instead of 15?
My bet  is "no" as there is an internal regulator that likely needs
headroom
-----------------
I would assume no too, for the same reason, and don't forget that the
version in question also needs 5 volts on pin 4.
No reason why that shouldn't be provided from a regulator via the 15 volt
line though

> 2. Is the serial i/o really RS-232 or something  else
There is a Max rs232 level converter inside so I assume "real  rs232",
not TTL levels

> 3.  Is there a command list?
There is a  book.  Google   "TECHNICAL MANUAL TM0110-2"