[time-nuts] Javad Ashaee

Jim Lux jimlux at earthlink.net
Fri Dec 16 21:35:29 UTC 2011

On 12/16/11 1:09 PM, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
> In message<015001ccbc34$7ce893c0$76b9bb40$@rr.com>, "Tom Holmes" writes:
>
>> Of course he does since he wants to sell his newly developed filters.
>
> My guess:  His newly developed *and patented* filters.  Javad is a
> very, very capitalistic guy.

For you, a special deal...

At work, we were speculating that he's hoping that it will be like the
converter boxes for the digital TV conversion.. the government will
subsidize the filters for all the GPS users, so they can't complain
about the cost to retrofit.

Light Squared agrees to foot part of the conversion cost (against the
billions they get in their other deals). Gov't agrees to foot another
part (to help the rollout of broadband internet).. Javad just happens to
be standing there with the only product that is on the market.