[time-nuts] My Racal-Dana 1992

Charles P. Steinmetz charles_steinmetz at lavabit.com
Sun Dec 18 18:16:42 UTC 2011

Chuck wrote:

>It has not occurred to me that either the coarse or fine adjustment
>has detents.

Could this be the friction you mention?  If you turn the fine
adjustment very slowly, can you detect regular "clicks" (feels almost
like stiction and release, but very regular/periodic)?  (I have not
used the coarse adjustments in a decade, so I do not recall how they act.)

>The accuracy spec is based on three months of continuous operation.
>Not likely in this day and age.

???  Mine have not been powered down since the last time I rearranged
the shop, over 3 years ago.  They have been switched to standby from
time to time.

Best regards,

Charles