[time-nuts] Ebay FE-5680A Rb I see the price has gone up for these

Peter Gottlieb nerd at verizon.net
Tue Dec 20 17:33:47 UTC 2011

A milled flat surface and/or thermal paste is not required for heat transfer, it
just makes it better.  There must be some removal of heat; consider that to
reach thermal equilibrium the heat flow out of the unit must match the power
absorbed.  It seems that about 12 watts is going in, so eventually 12 watts must
be flowing out if the temperature is to remain steady.

I would not want mine to run at 60C, I would rather it be at a more reasonable
35-40C on the baseplate, just for the electronics.

I am going to mount mine to an existing aluminum panel in my target unit using
the provided mounting holes and be done with it.

Peter