[time-nuts] Using Thunderbolt to Discipline FE 5680A?

EWKehren at aol.com EWKehren at aol.com
Thu Dec 22 18:46:38 UTC 2011

As soon as I have finished the aging test, I will use a Shera controller,
controlling the C field and the 1 pps output of the Tbolt. Having controlled
all  my Rb's with GPS/Shera with good results I will continue in that
directions,  unless some one can direct me in a direction with a better solution.
The next  challenge will be taking the output of the 5680 and improve its
short term  performance with a high performance OCXO. I have some 10811
candidate but I am  intrigued by the Morion MV 89 that you can see in the
background of yesterdays  picture, it is a unit I bought for $ 30.
Not counting the cost of the Tbolt that most already have, for less than $
200 one will be able to duplicate using the proper time constants the HP
5065  spec, not the performance some selected ones display.
It will spread superior time and frequency capability to a larger group of
time nuts.
Bert Kehren

In a message dated 12/22/2011 12:48:47 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,