[time-nuts] FE-5680A Results so far

mike cook michael.cook at sfr.fr
Thu Dec 29 07:14:54 UTC 2011

Hi,
Just got my cheapo 5680A.  It was accompanied by a little teddy bear
clutching a L7805CV !

Got a couple of questions.

1) What is the expected 10MHz peak to peak voltage.  FEI doc seems to
indicate 0,5V but I am getting only 200mv.
2) What is the sensitivity to 15V input level. I am only measuring
14,722 (stable) on Pin1.
3) Could this low input voltage affect output voltage?

The box locks after a couple of minutes but my TDS 210 is showing a very
jittery  ( 9,98-10,02 MHz ) but well formed sine wave for 8 hours of
being powered on.  Could this also be an artefact of low main power?

regards,
Mike