[time-nuts] Speaking of shipments from China

Raj vu2zap at gmail.com
Sat Dec 31 14:52:04 UTC 2011

When I asked one seller to mark the correct value and description, he explained to me that they have to mark it as a low value item and call it something allowed by their postal system! Usually they mark it as a gift!!

When I got a Rubedium osc.. I was hauled up by customs and the officer saw "atomic" on the unit and thought "radio active".. an explanation of Rubedium lamp inside is similar to a sodium vapour lamp etc, he was pacified to let it go with a small duty.

Happy new year!
Raj - vu2zap