[time-nuts] From GPS World - Lightsquared has been given the goahead

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 18:20:21 UTC 2011

On Wed, Feb 2, 2011 at 10:02 AM, paul swed <paulswedb at gmail.com> wrote:
> True enough there will be three systems heck many channels also.
> But that reality actually means my magical HP 3801 may not work or could
> become unreliable at best.
> So how do we hack those new receivers for time-nuts purposes for $29?

For $29?  Maybe a home brew antenna with better patterns and maybe
even nulls aimed at nearby transmitters.  It is surprisingly easy to
build a helix antenna.

A notch filter can also be constructed to notch out the jammer if it
is out of band.  A "twin T" design might be  effective and low cost

Microwave is line of site so maybe just a meter plate that blocks view
of the transmitter.

The solution for a fixed timing receiver will be much easier than for
a mobile GPS receiver.
--
=====
Chris Albertson