[time-nuts] HP 5372A vs. 5370A

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Wed Feb 9 22:00:15 UTC 2011

On 09/02/11 22:36, Bob Camp wrote:
> Hi
>
> We really do need a simple app to "extend" the 5371 and 5372 for longer time
> ranges. If there's one out there, I've certainly missed it as I've looked
> around.

A very simple way is to trigger measurements regularly (say 10 Hz) and
then read-out the measurement in binary mode where the internal
time-stamp format is used. Using the time-stamp data and post-process it
properly (see HP5372A programmers manual) would provide a continuous
stream of time-stamps.

I've just not had the time to sit down and do it myself.

Cheers,
Magnus