[time-nuts] Changing to Daily Digest? Moderator/Admin Help?

John Ackermann N8UR jra at febo.com
Mon Feb 14 17:15:26 UTC 2011

On 2/14/2011 11:45 AM, Joe Leikhim wrote:
> Hi;
> I would like to change my settings to receive only one daily digest. The
> website is not clear on how to make the change for existing subscribers.
> Can the administrator adjust this for me? Thanks

Unfortunately, the digest can't be changed per-subscriber.  The
algorithm is to send a digest when 30Kb of messages have accumulated,
but at least once daily.

The reason for this is to keep the length that you need to scroll
through down to a reasonable level.  A higher Kb threshold could result
in really long digests.

The threshold could be adjusted (which would affect all digest
subscribers), but to date there hasn't been a clamor for that; it's not
an issue that comes up very often.

John