[time-nuts] Thunderbolt Supply

Brendan Minish ei6iz.brendan at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 12:40:12 UTC 2011

On Tue, 2011-02-15 at 10:47 +0100, Magnus Danielson wrote:

> This has gone overboard. The T-bolt generates digital noise all by
> itself. It's the OCXO which would benefit most from a clean supply and
> isolation from the rest of the T-bolt except that temp-sensor.

Considering the T-bolt has 3 supplies which rail is the one that is most
important to keep clean
My main interest is the best possible phase noise and spur performance
as the 10MHz output is feeding a high quality SDR

> Providing ultra-clean supplies to the digital logic would be overkill,
> as it would mess it up itself anyway.

I guess what I am wondering, considering I already have a very low
noise, stable, battery backed 12V (13.8V really) system in the shack can
I use that along with a small dual rail DC-DC converter and still get
very good performance

--
73
Brendan EI6IZ