[time-nuts] Tool Needed to Access my Timer Battery

Stan, W1LE stanw1le at verizon.net
Tue Feb 15 19:43:33 UTC 2011

Hello The Net:

When I retired almost 2 decades ago, I put my wristwatch in a drawer and
left it there.
I was hoping to never have to use it again.

Wishful thinking.

Now I need it, but it does not work, battery is depleted.
I need to open it up and replace the battery.

Any idea how I get my Oysterquartz open. It does have a back cover,
but is it a right handed or a left handed thread, and where can I find
the best tool,
without marring it ?

Also, any idea what the battery part number is ?

I should consider replacing the o-ring seal under the cover, any idea
where to get one ?

After I replace the battery, I hope to calibrate it, comparing it to my
Trimble GPS/DO.

Any help is appreciated.

I had considered getting support from R-USA in NY, but previous support
was horribly bad.

Stan, W1LE     Cape Cod   FN41sr

ZZZZz