[time-nuts] Analog meters

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Wed Feb 16 17:53:23 UTC 2011

> This is the same reason why analog meters were preferred for some
> activities: peaking for a maximum or a minimum, S and Vu meters, etc.

A story from a friend...

Many years ago, he was helping a student debug something in the lab.  The
student had already checked everything with a modern/fancy digital meter.
After a while, they checked the power with an old fashioned analog meter.
The needle pointed at the right number, but it was blurry due to vibration.