[time-nuts] Tool Needed to Access my Timer Battery

Bill Hawkins bill at iaxs.net
Wed Feb 16 20:37:36 UTC 2011

Well, this thread caused me to dig out a Girard-Perregaux
Gyromatic 39 jewel self-winder that my father gave me in the
late fifties, after his trip to Switzerland.

To your point, the face just has five horizontal lines that
cross it. There are no numbers except for the day window.
The ends of the lines mark the hours. It has a second hand.
There are no marks at 6 and 12.

Sadly, the dial "crystal" is acrylic, and badly scratched.
But maybe that would work for you to make things even fuzzier
 - if, that is, the watch was for sale.

Bill Hawkins
 (who would not like to show up for a train on the wrong
  side of the 10 minute tolerance.)