[time-nuts] SRS PRS10 problem

EWKehren at aol.com EWKehren at aol.com
Wed Feb 16 22:45:32 UTC 2011

MRF315 should also work
Bert Kehren

In a message dated 2/16/2011 5:37:49 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
ei6iz.brendan at gmail.com writes:

Interestingly it was not your normal tin whisker (I have seen a few  of
those, just..) it was a substantial one that had grown out from the
stack of 2 Ceramic caps in series with the coil to the RF choke in
series with the DC supply to the lamp housing.

It might even have  been a solder blob left over from production but it
looked quite  crystalline.
It's a bit ugly in the lamp assy because the heat and strong  RF field
made a bit of a mess of insulation on the RFC and the heater  leads but
everything else seems ok

I'll try and locate an MRF134  and see how I get on, certainly worth the
price and time by the sounds of  it.

thanks for all the help and encouragement

--
73
Brendan  EI6IZ