[time-nuts] Garmin 18x, new firmware Ver 3.60, NOT recommended for Time Nuts!

Kiwi Geoff geoff36 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 09:12:45 UTC 2011

David Taylor wrote:
> Have you heard anything from Garmin?  I take it you have reported the issue.

I have only received an automated reply from the Garmin site so far David:

Category Or Device: 	GPS 18 Serial
Problem Description:
I measured the START and END time (to nearest millisecond) of the RMC
NMEA sentence, with respect the 1PPS pulse. From version 3.3 to 3.6
the NMEA has been retarded more and more. With V3.6 of the 18x
firmware, the RMC sentence at default 4800 finishes in the NEXT
second. So if the 18x is used to give accurate time - it is 1 second
SLOW. This does NOT happen on version 3.2 of the 18x firmware.