[time-nuts] Thunderbolt

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Thu Feb 24 09:13:39 UTC 2011

> Sorry if I missed this before, but is there a utility that will allow me
> control my PC's time from my Thunderbolt GPS-DO?

The standard/reference NTP package (ntpd) has a driver that supports Trimble
Palisade and Thunderbolt.

For questions like that, it helps if you mention what OS you are interested
in.

For Windows, Meinberg maintains an installer packaged with a usually
up-to-date version of ntpd.
  http://www.meinberg.de/english/sw/ntp.htm
  http://support.ntp.org/bin/view/Main/ExternalTimeRelatedLinks

For Linux, *BSD and such, ntp/ntpd is normally part of the distribution.

Depending upon how the ntpd you get was built, it may or may not include the
Trimble driver.  I think it is normally included.  If not, I think the error
message will be obvious, after you find it.

If you have troubles getting it going, let me know (off-list) and I'll try to
help.  There are a lot of people with Thunderbolts.  We should have a good
web page for how to use them.