[time-nuts] VCXO help

EWKehren at aol.com EWKehren at aol.com
Fri Feb 25 15:01:31 UTC 2011

I need to multiply by 10 and 20, 670-2 can not multiply by 20.    Thanks.
Bert

In a message dated 2/25/2011 8:03:55 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
tijddingen at yahoo.com writes:

Well, I  know Geraldo Lino de Campos on this list is using an ICS670-03 for
this  purpose. For me personally that part is too jittery by about a
decade,

but for your purpose it might just  be the right compromise. Certainly has a
friendlier  package.

datasheet:
http://www.idt.com/products/getDoc.cfm?docID=18461996

Slight  detour about soldering QFN's for prototyping. It is not /that/ bad.
I will  admit that when given the choice between QFNs and TSOPs I will pick
the  latter, but QFNs are do-able. All it takes is patience and a  Can-Do
attitude. Well, mainly patience really. ;) You can do  those QFNs for
example
dead bug style on a solid copperclad ground plane.  The trick then is to
use
aluminum foil to cover the pads you already  soldered, and fluxfluxflux.
You can put the decoupling caps real close in a  sort of stonehenge around
it.
Like I said, requires a bit of patience, but  it's fun when it actually
works,
plus you get better at it  pretty fast. :)

regards,
Fred

time-nuts mailing  list -- time-nuts at febo.com
To unsubscribe, go to