[time-nuts] Nerd facts - 45 years since Allan variance article

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Sat Feb 26 14:54:35 UTC 2011

Hi!

On 02/25/2011 11:27 PM, jimlux wrote:
> On 2/25/11 1:28 PM, paul swed wrote:
>> seems the first document doesn't work.
>> Any other way to get it?
>>

> Just tried it, and it worked for me...

I tried all links before posting them.

> you could probably find it by googling the title or the document number
> (NASA SP-80)

SP is for Special Publication which might be handy to know.

> it's probably also in NTRS (NASA Technical Report Server) although a
> quick search didn't turn it up.

The link I did have into it went bust since NASA replaced the entry with
something else. I had to remove that link from the Wikipedia article on
Allan variance.

> but here's the link that the handle maps to
> http://ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/casi.ntrs.nasa.gov/19660001092_1966001092.pdf
>

> It shows up in NTRS in an odd way.."Short-Term Frequency Stability" with
> the abstract:
> "Panel discussion on frequency stability measurement techniques"
>
> (301 pages: that's quite a lengthy panel discussion. almost as long as
> some of the threads on this list..<grin>)

What to expect? It's the same topic.

Nost of those pages is papers, so the panel discussions where reasonable
lengths in total.

Cheers,
Magnus