[time-nuts] Newby with questions

David VanHorn D.VanHorn at elec-solutions.com
Mon Feb 28 18:27:27 UTC 2011

Hi

If everything in the plant gives the same answer - do you actually care if
you are 0.5 ppm off? In a lot of cases the answer turns out to be no,
provided the drift rate is very low.

I wish that were the case, but things are far enough off that it's a problem.
The counter, signal generator and SA don't agree at all, and the additional test fixtures will need a 10M input so that they can function.

For long product life I need to be better than 1ppm on the cal fixtures, so I'd like to see the reference at 0.1PPM or better which shouldn't be an issue with the Tbolt.

Believe it or not, the end product is the motors that make window shades go up and down..
This is so very embedded systems.. "they go up, and they go down, how hard can it be?"