[time-nuts] GPS Antenna -Receiver Mutual Interference

k6rtm at comcast.net k6rtm at comcast.net
Mon Jan 3 19:31:13 UTC 2011

While you can try and run multiple GPS receivers off a single antenna using an off the shelf mini-circuits splitter, a bias tee, and a handful of dc blocks, you're likely to run into just this kind of problem.

It's more than just the "normal" HP overdesign that has their GPS splitters like the 58535A comprising:
an input narrowband (L1) filter feeding a low-noise gain block,
the gain block feeding a splitter, and
each output leg of the splitter having its own narrow band (L1) filter followed by a pad to improve isolation/return loss.

73 bob k6rtm in not yet raining silicon valley

Message: 6