[time-nuts] LCD display connector

gary lists at lazygranch.com
Tue Jan 4 04:31:56 UTC 2011

They mix in stuff like wintergreen oil. The FDA doesn't have an issue
with so-called inert ingredients. Inert for use on the body, not inert
in electronics or optics. Most prescription drugs are full of inert
materials. They don't have to be listed.

Generally you need reagent grade to get something pure. When you do
chemistry, you need to know exactly what you are using. Surprises are
not cool in chemistry. There are even grades of reagent grade.

There is plenty of stuff on the denaturing chemicals on the net, though
it has long been known in the industry that drug store alcohol off the
shelf isn't suitable for electronics or optics.