[time-nuts] LCD display connector

Javier Herrero jherrero at hvsistemas.es
Tue Jan 4 16:36:35 UTC 2011

El 04/01/2011 17:30, Chuck Harris escribió:

> In my experience, the can would be a slight problem.  As long as the
> alcohol remains anhydrous, the tin plating in the can shouldn't be
> touched,
> but as soon as the water moves in, some tin will go into solution.  That
> tin will be left behind when the alcohol/water evaporate.
Yes... in fact, we only purchase the can when it will be used more or
less quickly - for general use, we have the aerosol around

> The other problem, is the various shippers tag on an extra fee for
> shipping
> ORM-D materials... of which isopropyl alcohol is one.
At least for shipments to Spain, Farnell does not charge extra for
shipping this item, but it is shipped by UPS ground instead of air (i.e.
you don't get it the following day, but at least the following week...)
I suppose that getting it shipped from US to Europe, or from Europe to
US, would be more difficult.

Regards,

Javier