[time-nuts] Comparing 10 MHz Oscillators at 10 GHz

EWKehren at aol.com EWKehren at aol.com
Wed Jan 5 16:52:46 UTC 2011

Ulrich
Strictly for adjusting and comparing two 10 or 5 MHz sources I use the
circuit from the Austron 2110 that takes a 5 MHz input and through mixing
generates 5.0005 MHz subsequently devided down to 1.0001 MHZ.  Mixed with  the
other input at 1 MHz the resulting difference is 100 Hz which any decent
counter can resolve to nine digits. Works for me and often I just use the Racal
 1992.
At one time I used the multiplier chain out of a couple of FTS 4050
Cesium's but found the above more convenient for strictly tuning purposes.
Bert Kehren  Miami

In a message dated 1/5/2011 3:18:52 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,