[time-nuts] R&S XSRM Rubidium

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Sun Jan 9 11:12:20 UTC 2011

On 09/01/11 11:20, Bruce Griffiths wrote:
> Magnus Danielson wrote:
>> On 09/01/11 05:17, paul swed wrote:
>>> Lamp is orange purple
>>
>> Thanks, this is what I recall but never bothered to check myself.
>>
>> Where is that box of gas-lamps to help identify alkali metals?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Magnus
>>
> Use your spectrometer.

Don't have one. Imagine that, I am lacking an instrument... :S

> Spectrum should be similar to that attached albeit with some background
> and contribution from the filler gas if any.

Xenon-gas is a buffer gas in these cells, but don't know if there is any
other. The manual says that Xenon-gas can cause some stray light too.
The manual doesn't say how to observe light, but it might be in the
german version of the text. I think I have a fair idea anyway.

Cheers,
Magnus