[time-nuts] CS reservoir depletion - DIY Cs

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Thu Jan 13 17:27:04 UTC 2011

Hi

I certainly agree with that. The tubes in a "portable" cesium are done so
they fit inside a specific box. In a lot of ways bigger is better if you are
going to do it yourself. It would not at all be a trivial undertaking. It
also would not be cheap.

Cs standards with dead tubes are indeed pretty cheap. I think I'd start with
the electronics from one of them. Being able to do the tube stuff without
having to do the electronics at the same time should make things a bit
easier. You could swap out the electronics for your own once the tube was
doing it's thing.

Bob