[time-nuts] Fwd: CS reservoir depletion

SAIDJACK at aol.com SAIDJACK at aol.com
Mon Jan 17 17:37:37 UTC 2011

Hi John,
I only have the two plots unfortunately, I will have to convert them to GIF
 as they are too big to post.. will look into doing that sometime this
In a message dated 1/16/2011 17:04:41 Pacific Standard Time, jmiles at pop.net

Is the  raw data for the Fury and 5071A traces available?  The 5071A looks
bit noisy, although it's still in spec.  You're winning the race  between
t=0.1s to 10s because the 5071A seems to be using a shorter time  constant
than is reasonable for disciplining a high-end  10811.

Interestingly, a 5061A with Tc=100s would have been pretty  competitive with
the Fury in that test.  I'd be curious to plot the  Fury data set next to
ones that I keep around for reference.  (In  this example, the blue trace is
the one Tom just posted for his 4-day  Thunderbolt run, and the magenta one
is a weeklong run of my 5061A against  his maser.)

-- john,  KE5FX