[time-nuts] Symmetricom CSAC is Cs acting like a Rb unit

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Wed Jan 19 17:44:52 UTC 2011

In message <DBB70463B9D04F6589FBF97B2E4BE131 at vectron.com>, "Bob Camp" writes:

>Conventional gas cells have a finite lifetime on the
>lamp.

It used to be that Rb's would fail lock because the bulb dimmed from Rb
absorption into the glass, but I think they got that fixed with a teflon
coating.

Thes days most of them ultimately fail from the high operating temperature,
through a variety of mechanisms.

For the CSAC, my bet would be that the laser is the limiting factor.