[time-nuts] GC-1000 Clock Cap Choice?

shalimr9 at gmail.com shalimr9 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 11:35:08 UTC 2011

Also they are almost impossible to solder by hand without setting high internal stress which sometimes results in cracks, not necessarily immediately. Even on professional wave solder equipment, high delayed failure rates are not uncommon, which sometimes results in many units having to be recalled. Don't ask me how I know, I was lucky this was not my design, but it could have been.

Yet, I still use them, under the assurance that our manufacturing folks have resolved the problem, which for now seems true.

Didier