[time-nuts] Silicon Labs series of oscillators...

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Sat Jan 22 17:57:46 UTC 2011

Is your work area grounded to the soldering iron tip. If not the tip can
generate a discharge.
Though as someone commented unlikely.
The fact that 2 are bad does point to a miscount on the pins potentially.

My trick on one offs as most of my projects are and at the old hand solder
limit is a piece of pc board flip the chips over and dead bug the critters.
The pc board makes a nice ground plane. I use small rigid coax for various
interconnects... Its a task but seems to work well and the ICs and things do
work with stability. Though have never dealt with a 40-300 pin package.
Generally in the 10 pin count range.
Regards
Paul
WB8TSL