[time-nuts] Z3815A and Z38xx software
lists at rtty.us
Sun Jan 23 13:55:04 UTC 2011
As I said, operator error is still very much on the list.
1) Started up and didn't like my antenna splitter setup. I *believe* the error screen under rcvr status showed all ok. I know it didn't track any sat's. The setup it's self is fine (several other Z3801's, 3805's etc on it).
2) Plugged it straight into an HP 4 way GPS splitter. DC antenna load should be ideal for the receiver.
3) Now the green "gps available" LED comes on (never seen that one before).
4) Tracks sats, does survey, locks up, seems to run
5) Status screen shows ERROR and Antenna
Could easily be the GPS in the box is confused. Could also be that the error latches and needs to be cleared. This is the first 3815 I've seen, so it's all new to me.
On Jan 23, 2011, at 12:27 AM, Morris Odell wrote:
> I've run my Z3815A with various programs including Z38xx. They all work
> well. I like the Z38xx the best because of its extensive reporting including
> ADEV etc. The software from Murray Greenman is pretty good too. Are you sure
> the unit itself is OK?
> AFAIK there's no official manual available. The reverse engineered manual
> from Murray was all I needed to get it going. It's been on pretty well
> continuously for 3-4 years now and hasn't missed a beat
>> Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2011 21:39:57 -0500
>> From: Bob Camp <lists at rtty.us>
>> Subject: [time-nuts] Z3815A and Z38xx software
>> Is anybody else trying to run a Z3815A with the Z38xx software?
>> I have one of the earlier units with a 1938 mounted in a very official
>> looking HP box. Some of the status information looks "backwards". The
>> antenna shows ok when it's not and ERROR when it is ok. There's always
>> the possibility of operator error, thus my question...
>> I still haven't found a manual for this model on the net, so I'm flying
>> a bit blind.
> time-nuts mailing list -- time-nuts at febo.com
> To unsubscribe, go to https://www.febo.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/time-nuts
> and follow the instructions there.
More information about the time-nuts