[time-nuts] Z3815A and Z38xx software

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Sun Jan 23 13:55:04 UTC 2011

Hi

As I said, operator error is still very much on the list.

Symptoms:

1) Started up and didn't like my antenna splitter setup. I *believe* the error screen under rcvr status showed all ok. I know it didn't track any sat's. The setup it's self is fine (several other Z3801's, 3805's etc on it).
2) Plugged it straight into an HP 4 way GPS splitter. DC antenna load should be ideal for the receiver.
3) Now the green "gps available" LED comes on (never seen that one before).
4) Tracks sats, does survey, locks up, seems to run
5) Status screen shows ERROR and Antenna

Could easily be the GPS in the box is confused. Could also be that the error latches and needs to be cleared. This is the first 3815 I've seen, so it's all new to me.

Bob