[time-nuts] An (unknown?) nasty feature of the DDS principlefor time nuts applications

Ulrich Bangert df6jb at ulrich-bangert.de
Tue Jan 25 14:59:16 UTC 2011

Ahhh,

I see what you mean because a few pages later there is word of a "phase
accumulator". But this phase accumulator is a part of the electronics that
is responsible for generating the control voltage of a VCO that enables the
device to produce odd frequencies despite the integer dividers in the main
loop. That IS different from what a phase accumulator's task is in a DDS.

73s de Ulrich, DF6JB