[time-nuts] Frequency based on mobile services

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Tue Jan 25 17:12:32 UTC 2011

Hi

Several of the "big guys" have tried this approach.

The problem seems to be that you are at the mercy of the guy who is
transmitting the signal. He may (or may not) be very good at keeping things
running right. Regulations may (or may not) actually require him to lock his
signal to GPS.

A lot of these systems work just fine at > 1.0 x 10^-8 off frequency. You
have to keep the slots lined up between them, but as long as everybody
agrees on alignment, they keep running fine. There's a lot that you can get
away with and still be providing a dial tone.

Bob