[time-nuts] Temperature stability for Thunderbolt: results

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Fri Jan 28 12:58:26 UTC 2011

Hi

In the case of the TBolt and LH, the EFC sensitivity can be calibrated against GPS. It's a built in function on version 3.0 and it works pretty well. Over the ranges we're talking about observing for temperature, linearity is not likely to be an issue.

I do have a wonderful example of how badly all this can go wrong. Snow has been piling up on the GPS antenna over the last couple days. The plots on all of the GPSDO's are going absolutely nuts. You could correlate stuff to temperature, but the more likely relationship would be to the thickness of the snow.

No method is perfect ....

Bob