[time-nuts] Clock Calibration

Neville Michie namichie at gmail.com
Sat Jan 29 23:55:31 UTC 2011

I have a little piezo sounder on the PPS from a t/bolt. It runs off a
cmos gate, I can not remember whether I put some pulse stretching in,
but it needs an on/off switch or the ticking will drive you mad.
This is great to use with the UTC time on LH. You look at the time,
then keep counting with the audible ticks to guide you while you
check your analogue clocks.
I also have a BCD counter dividing the 10MHz from the T/Bolt that
drives a time display. As well,  the milliseconds, 100 microseconds,
or 10s of microseconds are counted and
can be latched by a proximity switch into a homebrew BCD DAC which is
recorded by a HOBO logger to give very accurate logging of phase for
whichever clock the proximity is clipped to.

It is all low power, saves serious frequency counters, PC et. al. so
you can log continuously for years without a major power bill.
cheers, Neville Michie